To advocate for and empower our communities through a range of services, including assisting them in improving their mental and social health, promoting economic self-sufficiency, and creating a space for cultural well-being.
Afghan Cultural Societies unique strength is its ability to reach, communicate with, and empower newly arriving refugees and established immigrant communities. ACS multi-lingual and multi-ethnic staff deploy into the ethnic communities they both live in and serve.
Afghan Cultural society started out of a need in 2018 as a volunteer organization, when we realized there was a need to build community and preserve the Afghan culture, which would bridge the gap between Afghanistan, Afghans in MN, and the rest of the twin cities community. The aim of the organization is:
- To preserve our cultural heritage and bridge the gap between Afghanistan and the Afghans living in the Twin Cities
- To pass along our cultural heritage from one generation to the next and share it through various mediums such as events, lectures, presentations, and classes
- Promote art and cultural exhibitions
- Provide educational services and research assistance to students
- Assist with Interpretation and Translation services within the community
- Cultural Events
- Employment Services /Workshops
- Advocacy Referral Center for Community Needs